Saturday, December 14, 2019
5:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 12/14/2019 and 12/21/2019.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Step back through time to taste, smell, and touch the holiday pleasures of centuries past. Enjoy sweet holiday treats all along the way! Evening tours illuminated by candlelight showcase more than three hundred years of yuletide on Staten Island, where culture and foodways from many countries combine to create something that is uniquely New York.
What You'll See:
- Visit the historic Guyon-Lake-Tysen farmhouse and taste freshly made Dutch holiday treats called olycokes!
- Celebrate the season with traditional Methodist Hymns in the quiet and quaint Basket Maker’s house.
- Ancient Chanukah traditions come to life in the Bennett House with stories, songs, and games.
- Discover the holiday shopping traditions of the 19th century with a visit to the Stephens-Black General Store, lit by flickering kerosene lamps.
- Visit the beautifully appointed Stephens-Black house, where you can meet the “Stephens” family as they celebrate that trendy new custom - the Christmas tree!
- End your evening with a wassail reception in the historic Third County Courthouse and try your hand at English Country Dancing, a favorite social pastime of Jane Austen!
Please note: This program typically sells out. We recommend making a reservation for your entire party in one transaction.
Adults: $25 (Members $20), Children: $20 (Members $15)