Parks, Pups & Play
Sunday, November 17, 2019
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Come join us for a day of fun and play as we introduce dog owners to new activities that will strengthen your bond with your pet, all while supporting D.O.G. and dog-friendly initiatives in the park. This is a participatory event!
There will be three rings hosting five different activities all day long. Enjoy mini-class, practice runs, competitions, and more.
Suggested donation of $10 to attend and $10 to participate in each event. Organized by the volunteer-led Riverside Park D.O.G. (“Dog Owner’s Group”), all proceeds from this event go toward improving spaces and amenities for dogs and their people throughout Riverside Park.
- AGILITY. Agility is an obstacle course including jumps, tunnels, and ramps, that a dog and their handler run together. It is easy to start but can also be run at a more advanced level.
- CANINE PARKOUR. Your walks with your dog can become more fun when the park and everyday objects become your agility course. Stop walking past objects – instead, run over, under, around and across them and have more fun!
- NOSEWORK. Let your dog take you into their world as your dog takes the lead and you learn how to find scents together. Let your dog take you into their world and be amazed at your dog’s natural ability.
- GAMES COMPETITION. Compete in a new game every hour! Win a show ribbon and compete for Best in Show. Games include recall races, musical chairs, limbo, and more.
- DOG YOGA. Take some time to unwind and stretch between competitions. This class will teach you yoga and at the same time train your dog on skills such as relaxation and relationship building.
Suggested donation of $10 to attend and $10 to participate in each event.