Workshop for New Volunteers: How to Get Involved With Your Park
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Do you want to make a difference in your community and support or care for a park near you? At Partnerships for Parks, we help people, organizations, and government work together to support NYC parks, gardens, trees, and other green spaces.
At this introductory workshop, learn how you and your neighbors can come together to support and improve your community green spaces!
Topics will include:
- • Why volunteers are so important for vibrant, thriving parks
- • Who you need to know in NYC Parks
- • How neighbors, coworkers, or community groups can spruce up a park with an “It’s My Park” project
- • Ways to join together with neighbors who also care about your park
- • Which resources are available to help you
Featured speakers: TBA
Meet staff members that can help you get started, network with other interested community members, and hear from experienced volunteers who are already doing amazing work in their parks.
Please note: This workshop is recommended for people who have been working with their parks for less than one year.
Please register here if you would like to attend.