Introduction to Permaculture Design: An Exercise in Theory and Practice
Sunday, September 2, 2018
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday between 8/5/2018 and 11/18/2018.
This event repeats every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. sharp between August 5, 2018 through November 18, 2018.
This class covers ethics, fundamentals, nature-based decision making matrix, and design principles with hands-on experiences developing Permaculture systems in a loop thru Thanksgiving.
Attendance at all classes is not mandatory, but on a ongoing voluntary basis.
This is an introduction overview to Oregon State University's (OSU) "Introduction to Permaculture Design", a free online long distance learning college course. After this workshop you will be fully familiarized with the fundamental concepts and have hands on practice before taking the full introduction curriculum online. We will provide all study and learning materials to prepare you for OSU's Course taught by Andrew Millison.
In this introduction, we will explain what defines permaculture designs basics, including its ethics-based philosophies and principles, and how permaculture uses nature as a guide to learn from and inform its decision making matrix.
After the morning class, we will rework Genesis into its transition period towards permaculture by:
- Addressing its needs
- Developing soil systems
- Different composting practices
- Water harvesting and irrigation
- our priority is Bio-remediation while applying permaculture principles to each task in the garden on an ongoing basis each week and throughout the year
* Please pack a lunch, if you wish. A bodega and a supermarket are nearby.
* We will be working in the classroom outdoors and in the field please wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes.
For more information about this event, please contact Bicycle Joe Tomasello at (929) 331-0064 or at GenesisGCGB@gmail.com.