Historic Richmond Town's Independence Day Celebration
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Historic Richmond Town’s Independence Day celebration has long been a favorite for families on Staten Island. In addition to all of favorites, this year’s celebration on Wednesday July 4, 2018 includes many new additions!
- Living History display focusing on the Doughboys of 1918
- Model 1914 Hotchkiss machine gun and other firearms from the Society’s comprehensive collection
- Cornerhouse Barbeque Pitmasters, People's Choice Winner from the Kansas City BBQ Cook-off and Uncorked!
- Flagship Brewery serves up a collection of summer suds
- Author Talk: “World War I New York: A Guide to the City’s Enduring Ties to the Great War”
- Pie-baking demonstration and churning your own ice cream, and then enjoying your handmade dessert treat!
- Making Victorian paper pinwheels and marching in the Pinwheel Parade
- Visiting with the Artisans of the Historic Trades and learning about the creation of household necessities using period tools
- Viewing the displays of the Staten Island Model Railroaders
- Participating in a dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence
- Singing folk songs popular in the 18th and 19th centuries
441 Clarke Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10306
Online Only Special: Family of Four $35 At the Door: Adults $12; Children $10