Fun on the Farm
Sunday, May 20, 2018
1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Prospect Park Alliance at the Lefferts Historic House to learn how sheep's fleece is transformed into wool!
- Wool Carding and Drop Spindle, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Learn how to card wool using special tools and how to spin with a drop spindle.
- Spinning Demonstrations, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Come and meet our resident Spinner, Catherine Conrad and see how she spins wool fibers into thread.
- Parade from the Zoo, 1:30 p.m.: Join Lefferts staff on a parade from the Zoo
- Wool Washing, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: After the fleece is shorn from the sheep, the next step is washing it! Help staff clean the fleece and get it ready for felt balls and spinning!
- Pom Pom Making, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: After the wool is washed and carded, you can try your hand at making a felt ball. Use the wood fibers to shape a ball and see if you can make it bounce.