Highbridge Rocks Community Festival
Saturday, May 12, 2018
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Get to know your resilient 450-million-year-old neighbors: the rocks of Highbridge Park. Discover their unique geologic features, make art, and celebrate the park’s adventurous assets.
- Bouldering with REI
- Tours of the Old Croton Aqueduct with Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct
- Geology workshops and games with the Urban Park Rangers
- Collage making with Sugar Hill Children's Museum
- Rock rubbings with Creative Art Works
- Photo booth travel to the 1800s with Hike the Heights
- Storytelling with Word Up Community Bookstore
- While We Are Still Here with music performed by Atiyya Featuring Turiya
- Wafels & Dinges Award-Winning food truck
- BikeRentNYC will offer 50% off coupons for bike rentals to ride the historic High Bridge
(Photo credit: John Suhar)
Due to an MTA service change, C trains will not stop at 163rd Street. Please take the A or the 1 train to 168th Street.
Northern Manhattan Parks