Lighting of the Largest Menorah in Brooklyn
Sunday, December 17, 2017
5:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
At the lighting of the largest menorah in Brooklyn, every night of Chanukah is celebrated with live music, latkes, and gifts for children.
The menorah has been towering over Grand Army Plaza since 1984. Rabbi Shimon Hecht accompanies community leaders, philanthropists and special guests in lighting this humongous menorah.
The lighting of this menorah is a leading symbol of Chanukah, publicly reaffirming the celebration of our freedom, inspired by the Maccabean victory of right over might and light over darkness.
This event is free and open to all.
Lighting of the Largest Menorah in Brooklyn: Schedule
- 1st Night of Chanukah, Tuesday, December 12 - live concert at 5:30 p.m., menorah lighting at 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Night of Chanukah, Wednesday, December 13 - 6:00 pm
- 3rd Night Of Chanukah, Thursday, December 14 - 6:00 pm
- 4th Night Of Chanukah, Friday, December 15 - 3:30 pm
- 5th Night Of Chanukah, Saturday, December 16 - 7:00 pm
- 6th Night Of Chanukah, Sunday, December 17 - 5:00 pm
- 7th Night Of Chanukah, Monday, December 18 - 6:00 pm
- 8th Night Of Chanukah, Tuesday, December 19 - 6:00 pm