Workshop for New Volunteers: How to Get Involved With Your Park
Monday, December 11, 2017
6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Do you want to make a difference in your community and support or care for a park near you?
At Partnerships for Parks, we help people, organizations, and government work together to support NYC parks, gardens, trees, and other green spaces. At this workshop, we will share all of the ways that people can get involved with supporting parks.
Topics will include:
- Who you need to know in NYC Parks
- How you and your neighbors can spruce up your park with an “It’s My Park” project
- How staff from your company can support a park
- Ways to join together with neighbors who also care about your park
Featured Speakers will include:
- David Barker, Director, Fort Greene Park
- Wes Hamilton, Park Manager, NYC Parks
- Patricia Marte, Outreach Coordinator, Partnerships for Parks
- Acacia Thompson, North Greenpoint Neighbors
Meet staff members, and hear stories from experienced volunteers and community leaders.
This workshop is recommended for people who have been working with their parks for less than one year.
Please register here if you would like to attend.