Saturday, October 28, 2017
10:30 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Mad science, haunted history, parties, and performances: experience it all at Halloween Harbor on October 28! We'll have double the toil and trouble with activities all over campus from Art Lab, the Noble Maritime Collection, Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, the Staten Island Children's Museum, and the Staten Island Museum.
Enjoy family-friendly treats by day with your favorite young ghouls and wizards, along with festive tricks and haunts by night after the kids go to bed.
Get your tickets at bit.ly/halloweenharbor17!
Tickets for a full day of activities on Saturday, October 28 are $5 per person and free for children younger than one year old. Tickets also includes access to all museums and attractions within Snug Harbor during their normal operating hours. All Ghost Tours of Snug Harbor are ticketed separately. Membership benefits will be honored at respective institutions.
- 10:30 a.m. - noon: Pumpkin Painting at Heritage Farm - Celebrate harvest on the Heritage Farm! Get yourself a pumpkin and decorate it with paints and your imagination.
- Noon - 3:00 p.m.: Van Gogh, Goblin Games, Goo, and Gobs More in Building M
- Noon - 2:15 p.m.: Get slimed, play Halloween games, and conduct mad scientist experiments with electricity at the Staten Island Children's Museum.
- 2:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.: Join the Monster Mash dance party and costume parade through the Staten Island Children's Museum and into the meadow
- Noon - 4:00 p.m.: Magical Museum in Building A - Come investigate the weirdest and most magical objects in the Staten Island Museum's collection through art making with Art Lab and science experiments. Perfect for young wizards and mad scientists!
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.: Mysterious Harbor in Building D (1st Floor) - Youll never see your neighborhood in the same way again after this lecture and slideshow at the Noble Maritime Collection on eerie and strange occurrences at Snug Harbor and on Staten Island, led by notable historian Pat Salmon.
- 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: PASS: In the Pines at Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art (Building C and Building G) - In the Pines, a dance-theater piece performed by Patrice Miller, questions the normalizing of violence in American culture through the pop aesthetics of the folk tradition of murder ballads. Part of the monthly Performing Arts Salon Saturdays (PASS) series. Recommended for viewers aged 13 and older.
- 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: Monsters Ball at Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art (Building C and Building G) - The freakiest spirits come out to play once the kids have gone to bed. Dance and mingle the night away in your best Halloween regalia at this after-hours party. For ages 21 and older.
- 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.: Ghost Tour ($20 - sold separately) - Is Snug Harbor haunted? You can be the judge of that. Join seasoned paranormal investigators for special 90 minute ghost tours of Snug Harbor buildings typically closed to the public. Learn the rich history and hear the stories of paranormal activity at the Governors House, Building K, Cottage A, and the Music Hall.
We are deeply grateful to NYS Assemblymember Matthew Titone for his generous support of this event. Additional support is provided by the Richmond County Savings Foundation, the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, and Stop & Shop.