Edgar Allan Poe Illustrated
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 6/3/2017 and 7/29/2017.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Check out the Poe Visitor Center for an exhibition showcasing the literary work of Edgar Allan Poe, interpreted by contemporary illustrators Nancy Doniger, Donna Miskend, Dave Kopka and Carol (Klio) Burrell.
About the Artists
- Donna Miskend is an exhibition curator, is an illustrator, designer and writer. She frequently designs for the August Strindberg Repertory Theatre, and exhibits her artwork throughout the U.S.
- Michael Patrick Hearn has remained one of the most respected contemporary writers about children’s literature since the publication of The Annotated Wizard of Oz right after college. His many other books include The Annotated Christmas Carol, The Annotated Huckleberry Finn, The Victorian Fairy Tale Book; Myth, Magic and Mystery; and Tommy Ungerer Chronicler of the Absurd. He has created numerous exhibitions including the Tomi Ungerer show at The Eric Carle Museum. He has lectured all over the United States and Europe. He is often interviewed by the media and including byBBC4 and TCM. His latest book is The Annotated Edgar Allan Poe, available soon.
- James Armstrong has had his plays performed by such theaters as The Attic Ensemble (The Four Doctors Huxley), the Abingdon Theatre Company (Foggy Bottom), Playwrights Forum (The Metric System), Sundog Theatre (Meucci's Message), and Detroit Rep (Capital). He has also adapted for the stage several 19th-century works, including A Christmas Carol, Alice in Wonderland, and Moby-Dick. He is a member of the Dramatists Guild of America and you can keep up with him at www.armstrongplays.com.
- Dave Kopka engages in books, story boarding, comics, and pre-production work, but is fascinated with exploring a wide spectrum of illustration and being a creative force in visual narrative. Site and contact: davekopka.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Doniger has created many illustrations for the New York Times and appear in print and on the web for publishers and companies worldwide. Her most recent book is Lemonade: and Other Poems Squeezed from a Single Word, written by Bob Raczka for Roaring Brook Press. Site and contact: www.nancydoniger.com
- Carol (Klio) Burrell is a comics illustrator and native New Yorker. Site and contact: http://spqrblues.com/IV/
- Charlie Vázquez, is director of the Bronx Writers Center and author, whose work includes San Juan Noir, an anthology by Akashic Books.