Independence Day in Prospect Park
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Prospect Park Alliance this Independence Day for family-friendly activities at the Prospect Park Audubon Center, Lefferts Historic House and the 1912 Carousel.
Nature Exploration, 12–4 pm
Prospect Park Audubon Center, Free
- Discovery Pack, 12–3 pm: The Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Bird Nerds Game Hour, 1–2 pm: Test your knowledge of birds in this fun, mildly competitive hour of puzzles, Bingo, card games, and more!
- Nature on the Go!, 2–3 pm: An Alliance Naturalist will lead children and families to areas near the Audubon Center, where you can learn about the nature that is all around us and participate in a Citizen Science project.
Declaration of Independence Signing, 2–4 pm
Lefferts Historic House, $3 suggested donation
- Celebrate America's birthday and one of the greatest documents ever written. Look extra patriotic as you make yourself a plumed hat to wear while signing your own "John Hancock" on a reproduction of the Declaration of Independence.
Carousel Rides, 12–5 pm
Children’s Corner, $2 per ride, $9 for a book of 5 tickets, free with Alliance Family Plus membership
- Celebrate with a ride on the Park’s beloved 1912 carousel. Join the Alliance at the $150 level and your family (up to 4 people) will receive unlimited rides on the Carousel for a full year!