Seamless or Siloed? Agency Efforts to Transform the Public Realm
Thursday, June 15, 2017
9:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In recent years, city agencies have released new guidelines to enhance New York City’s infrastructure through improved design, accessibility, connectivity, and resiliency. This discussion will explore how agencies and their partners collaborate to develop, use, and disseminate guidelines, and the potential for these guidelines to improve infrastructure and enhance the ways that New Yorkers experience the public realm. Co-sponsored by The New School.
- Susan Chin, Executive Director, Design Trust for Public Space
- Mitchell J. Silver, Commissioner, NYC Parks
- Yianice Hernandez, Director of Healthy Living by Design, NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Thaddeus Pawlowski, Senior Urban Designer, New York City Dept. of City Planning
- Nancy Prince, Deputy Chief of Design, NYC Parks
- Nick Pettinati, Project Manager/Assistant Urban Designer, NYC Dept. of Transportation
- Celine Armstrong, Past-President, American Society of Landscape Architects-New York
A light breakfast will be served. Please RSVP here.
The Parks Without Borders Discussion Series explores ideas for the next generation of parks and public space and considers opportunities to build greener parks, healthier communities, and more resilient neighborhoods. Events will be held through 2017.