Pop-up Audubon II: Water Detectives
Sunday, June 11, 2017
11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday and Saturday between 6/3/2017 and 6/26/2017.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
What's in the Park's water? Join Prospect Park Alliance to learn about water chemistry and identify the creatures that live in and around the Park’s waterways. Pop-up Audubon II is best for children 8 and over. Events include:
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families.
- Shoreline Water Walk, noon–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk and explore the plants and wildlife that make the lakeshore so special.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Discover the creatures that live in Prospect Park’s waterbodies and the chemistry that helps them grow in this citizen science program.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Learn how to keep Prospect Park healthy by cleaning up the lakeshore, spreading mulch or removing invasive species. This program leaves promptly at 2 pm.
- Family Bird Watching, 3–4 pm:After learning how to use binoculars, join Alliance naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home.
Presented by Con Edison.