NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games Torch Relay: Day One
Monday, May 8, 2017
7:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
We're kicking of the NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games with a torch relay in Brooklyn.
Seniors and coming-of-age seniors ages 50 and older will run through the streets of Brooklyn while carrying a torch; the runners will run with the torch to the NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games Opening Ceremony at the Brownsville Recreation Center on May 9, 2017.
Torch Relay Route
Runners will pass several parks-located Cheer Stations. They will pass the torch to fellow torch runners who will continue to the next Cheer Station.
Torch runners will depart from McCarren Play Center on May 8 at 7:15 a.m., then make their way to the Fort Hamilton Recreation Center. The torch will then depart from Prospect Park on May 9 at 9:30 a.m., then make its way to the Brownsville Recreation Center.
Please join us for the send off of the torch on May 8 or cheer the runners on at a cheer station (listed below):
- McCarren Play Center - 7:00 a.m.
- Metropolitan Recreation Center: 7:30 a.m.
- McLauglin Park - 8:00 a.m.
- Brooklyn Borough Hall - 8:15 p.m.
- Red Hook Recreation Center - 9:00 a.m.
- Sunet Recreation Center - 9:30 a.m.
- Fort Hamilton Senior Recreation Center - 10:30 a.m. arrival time
Please join us for the 2nd send off of the torch on May 9th or cheer the runners on at a cheer station (listed below):
- Prospect Park - Park Circle (at Parkside and Coney Island) - 9:45 a.m. departure
- Eastern Parkway and Nostrand Ave - Emblem Health - 10:00 a.m.
- St. Johns Recreation Center - 10:20 a.m.
- Osbourne Park - 10:50 a.m.
- Brownsville Recreation Center -11:00 a.m.
Compete in the NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games
Registration and an NYC Parks Rcreation Center Membership are required to compete in the NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games. To register, please visit our online NYC Parks Brooklyn Senior Games registration form. Registration will open on April 15 and end on April 29, 2017.
Each location will have Cheer Stations where spectators can cheer for the runners.