Cherry Blossom Festival
Saturday, May 6, 2017
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Each spring Randall’s Island Park Alliance's annual Cherry Blossom Festival ushers in the warmer months, and gives visitors the opportunity to appreciate the Park’s spring beauty.
Set along the backdrop of the Hell Gate Bridge and the Urban Farm, the festival welcomes the park’s cherry blossoms with live music, performances, games, exhibitions, face painting, and more, inspired by Japanese culture.
- Face painting
- Kite flying
- Samurai hat making
- Peek-a-boo photo sculptures by Rica Takashima
- Crafts, games, and more!
- J.D. Patch Band (Noon - 4:00 p.m.)
- Taiko Aiko Kai Drumming (12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.)
- Junko Fisher Okinawan Dance Company (1:30 p.m.)
- Taisan Tanaka Calligraphy (2:30 p.m.)