Pop-Up Audubon II: Plant Clues
Sunday, April 3, 2016
11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Sunday and Saturday between 4/2/2016 and 4/30/2016.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Alliance educators to learn what trees and plants tell us about our environment.
- Discovery Pack, 11 am–4 pm: The Prospect Park Alliance invites you to get inspired by nature with our new Discovery Packs, a ready-to-go kits filled with nature activities for families. In April, monitor the development of plants that supply food and shelter for birds in Prospect Park.
- Lakeside Nature Stroll, 12–1 pm: Join Alliance naturalists for a guided nature walk through the meandering paths of the Peninsula and scout for plants that thrive in that unique environment.
- Junior Naturalists, 1–2 pm: Help Alliance naturalists track the growth of important plant species in this citizen science program.
- Nature’s Helpers, 2–3 pm: Let’s lend a helping hand to make our park a better place. Learn how mulch helps trees, spread wood chips or protect the environment by removing damaging litter.
- Family Bird Watching, 3–4 pm: After learning how to use binoculars, join our naturalists to identify some of the 250 species of birds that call Prospect Park home.