CANCELLED: Central Park Conservancy Ice Festival
Saturday, February 13, 2016
3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Please note: due to extreme weather and high winds, this event has been cancelled, and will not be rescheduled.
On Valentine’s Day weekend, celebrate your love of Central Park’s sculptures at Central Park Conservancy's fifth-annual free Ice Festival. Witness ice-carving artists from Okamoto Studio use electric chainsaws, chisels, and picks to transform more than 6,000 pounds of ice into a glistening replica of one of the park’s most beloved statues.
As night falls, revel among colorful lights as the Mall becomes a vibrant silent disco with live DJs, all to celebrate Central Park Conservancy's conservation efforts.
Schedule of activities
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Live ice carving by Okamoto Studio.
- 3:00 p.m.: Join Central Park Conservancy's InstaMeet, a creative photo challenge in the park. Visit Central Park's official Instagram account, @centralparknyc, for details.
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Party at the silent disco, featuring live music by DJ's: Geo Vanasco and Dylan + DTR, spinning Top 40 hits, Funk and Soul, and your favorite NYC artists into headphones powered by Quiet Events.
- A statue and monument restoration exhibit with Matthew Reiley, Central Park Conservancy's Associate Director of Conservation and Preservation
- Central Park Conservancy trivia
- Treats and food truck fare for purchase by Dub Pies, Domo Taco, Wafels and Dinges, and Don Café
- Sculpting station: mold your very own iconic Central Park statue
- Dazzling lights in a romantic Central Park setting
What is a silent disco?
It's a dance party with headphones; you choose the music. Starting at 5:00 p.m., two live DJs take the stage at the same time, playing the Top 40 hits, Funk and Soul. and your favorite NYC artists. You choose the channel with your favorite music genre and dance the night away. The glowing, color-coded headsets show which music other partygoers are listening to, so you can dance along with your friends.
What to wear?
Baby, it's cold outside! Dress warmly; the event is entirely outdoors.
More information about Central Park's Ice Festival
This event is free. Tickets are not required. Let us know you’re coming. Open to all ages. No bag/coat check available. Quiet Events requires an ID or credit card to check out a pair of headphones. ID will be given back when headphones are returned. In the unlikely event that you lose the headphones you checked out, Quiet Events will charge a $100 replacement fee on-site.