World's Fair Anniversary Festival
Sunday, June 7, 2015
1:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
We're celebrating the 75th and 50th anniversaries of the NYC World's Fairs with a full day of free activities for all.
Kid-friendly events include half-priced rides on the historic carousel, puppet shows, and face painting.
Enjoy cultural music and dance performances throughout the day. Different foods from around the world will be available, including Belgian waffles, which were introduced to the US at the 1964 World's Fair.
Schedule of Activities
Walking Tours of the World's Fair Structures and Sculptures
Interested in revisiting the 1939-40 and 1964-65 Fairs? We'll be leading tours of historic sites that are still in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, and displaying exhibits of memorabilia. The tours are on-going. Each tour lasts for 45 minutes and departs from the walking tours tent.
Concert Lineup at the Unisphere Stage
- 1:00 p.m.: Supreme Reflections
- 1:30 p.m.: Karikatura - Latin, Gypsy, Ska, Reggae, fusion band
- 2:30 p.m.: Raices Group - Andean group
- 3:30 p.m.: Underground Horns - Afro Funk/Jazz
- 4:30 p.m.: Ebony Hillbillies - Black String Band
- 4:00 p.m.: Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Hollis Brown, and Damien Escobar
Puppets in the Parks
- 1:30 & 3:00 p.m.: The Tales of Brier Rabbit
- 2:15 p.m.: Edge School of the Arts performance of "It's Carnival"
- 2:30 p.m.: Lorenz Latin Dance School
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Mr. Met meet and greet
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.: Hawk watch with the Urban Park Rangers
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.: Reptile display with the Alley Pond Environmental Center
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Half-priced carousel rides
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Strolling magicians
- 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.: International foods from the LIC Flea and Food Market
- 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.: World's Fair and Panorama of New York City exhibits at the Queens Museum
- 12:30 & 2:30 p.m.: Lecture at the Queens Museum - "Still Standing: The Enduring Legacy of the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs"
Parking is limited. Please take public transportation.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park