Bryant Park Presents Modern Dance: Booking Dance Festival Edinburgh
Friday, July 4, 2014
2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
A showcase prior to the dance festival at The Fringe in Edinburgh, featuring eight dynamic dance companies from across the US, plus a special guest company from Martinique.
- Synthesis Dance puts beautiful bodies in motion, making fierce and soulful statements about the world inside and out.
- Reed Dance, Pittsburgh-based, pulsates to its own athletic and high-energy rhythms.
- Rebecca Stenn - an extraordinary and charismatic presence and a must for all to relish.
- Barkin/Selissen Project - intense and hypnotizing movement at the cutting edge of now.
- Bugge Ballet draws in audiences to the romance of its lyrical dance.
- Antara Bhardwaj, San Francisco-based, brings India’s Khatak beats to a whole new level of beauty.
- Michael Mao Dance - a critically acclaimed company whose works are passionate and meticulously crafted, and infused with a visceral, elemental power.
- Art of Motion enchants and mesmerizes audiences through captivating, magical and dramatically stunning work.
- Compagnie Christiane Emmanuel, Martinique-based, is dance theater at its best with enticing and innovative choreography.