“Waking up the farm” Earth Day Celebration at Hattie Carthan Herban Farm
Monday, April 22, 2013
11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Celebrate Earth Day with events all day at Hattie Carthan Herban Farm.
- 11:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Waking up the Farm – Grounding exercise
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Seed starting workshop - Join Farmer Yon for a hands-on beginner Seed Starting workshop. Learn great tips on how to start seeds, make your own germination mix , to recognize the symbol of seed as potential preservation of culture and genetic integrity, to recognize appropriate planting seasons for different crops and to successfully extend the planting season for a better chance at crop maturity. We will label, package and start seeds from our 2012 seed harvest. Free heirloom seeds and a NYC planting calendar will be distributed. Fresh herbal beverages, Wild Weed Salad and healthy snacks will be provided
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Craft a Wild Weed edible salad from spring herbs/weeds, vegetarian snacks
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Farm cleanup, repainting farm signs, adding fresh compost to rows, rethatching the roof of the herbal apothecary. Vision circle (Ends with drums)
- 5:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. Please bring a symbol of Earth for our visioning exercise