Explore, Design, Create!
Has anyone ever told you that you have an “eye for design”? Do your friends always ask you to take group pictures because of your awesome photography skills? Are you a pro at doodling? Are your friends tired of playing video games with you because you always destroy them? Join an open workshop as a video or audio producer, photographer, graphic designer, animator, or game designer. With the help from experts in these fields, you’ll learn to use professional hardware and software to create your own digital media projects.
By the end of each session, you will have completed a video, audio track, design project, game, animation, website, or app, and will have an opportunity to share your work at a citywide celebrations!
RecYouth is free and open to all who meet the following criteria:
- Age 13 to 17 at start of program
- Recreation Center member: recreation center memberships are free for youth younger than 18
- Committed to the length of program
- Interested in either film, animation, graphic design, photography, gaming, or coding
Time and Location
- Winter session: January – April
- Spring session: April – June
- Summer session: July– August
- Fall session: September – December
The RecYouth program takes place in Computer Resource Centers, which are located within recreation centers. RecYouth offerings vary by center. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 360-2702 to request a registration package or for information about RecYouth classes.
How to Apply
We accept applications on a rolling basis; however, early registration is encouraged. You can register online, email email@example.com, or call (212) 360-2702 for a current RecYouth class schedule and to request an application.