Computer Resource Centers Programs
Computer Resource Center classes run seasonally and can be registered to in person at the recreation center of your choice. Go to the Locations page, select your borough and locate your center’s current computer room schedule. Classes run during the fall, winter and spring as follows and are generally open for registration within 2 weeks of the start of class.
- Winter Session 1: January through February
- Winter Session 2: March through early April
- Spring Session: April through June
- Summer Session: July through August
- Fall Session 1: September through October
- Fall Session 2: November through December
Youths: Work with kids around the world or learn how to be safe on the internet. Youth programming is available for children aged 6 to 13 with a free recreation center membership.
Teens: Join RECYouth, learn graphic design and video production, become a Green Teen, study for the SATs, and get your homework done! Programs are available for teens aged 14 to 17 with a free youth recreation center membership.
- Open Access: Find open hours to enjoy and use the computer resource center.
- New Computer Users: Are you a first-time computer user? Learn the basics, learn the key features, and become a technology guru!
- Job Seekers: Professional skills are the most important ingredient for career success. Learn to use computer tools that will get you where you want to be.
- Arts and Technology: Learn how to animate a cartoon, film and edit your own comedy show, make your own website, get rid of wrinkles in a picture, mix and edit your own music, and so much more!