Employee Resources

Parks employee working on a tree

We know that life as a "Parkie" doesn't always involve sitting at a desk. That's why we are pleased to offer our employees access to critical forms and information at all hours of the day, whether you're at work, at home, or enjoying a park! Here, you can find information about leave, benefits, and other vital information and access our Intranet site.

Employee Self-Service

New York City's Employee Self-Service, or ESS, is an online tool that provides City employees quick access to:

  • View and update personal information,
  • View pay details and history,
  • View and print tax information,
  • View and print employment verification,
  • Enroll in benefits,
  • and more.

Visit the ESS page to get started. This page is restricted to current City employees only.

Parks Intranet Access

Our Parks Intranet site is our primary gateway to employee resources and information. Please visit the Intranet if you have any questions or need additional information. The Intranet is restricted to current p

NYC Parks employees can also visit CityShare, the City's Intranet site, for more information, resources, and benefits.

Enter CityShare and the Parks Intranet  

Request a Username and Password


Get the forms you need for tax season.

W2 Form Requests

Former Employees

If you are a former employee requesting a W2 form, please contact the following:

  • If you recently changed your address, please email our Personnel division at addresschange@parks.nyc.gov or call (212) 830-7851.  When your address is updated, a replacement W2 will be mailed to your new address.
  • If you are requesting a duplicate W2, please contact our Payroll Customer Service division at ask.payroll@parks.nyc.gov or call (212) 830-7823. 

Employees who are no longer working with the City will be unable to access the Parks Intranet and Employee Self Service (ESS). 

Current Employees

Current employees may access their W2 on Employee Self Service or contact Payroll Customer service. 

Other Common Forms and Information

Below, you can find common forms used by many NYC Parks employees. If you are looking for a specific form, and cannot find it here, please visit the Parks Intranet.


In accordance with agency rules, all employees are required to submit a Request for Leave of Absence Form whenever they are absent from work for thirty days or more, or for absences related to Worker’s Compensation, Military Leave and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

Leaves of Absence

Workers' Compensation

Family and Medical Leave

The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 requires that we provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for certain family and medical reasons. Employees are eligible if they have worked at Parks for at least one year, and for 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months.

Health Benefits

An employee is eligible for City health benefits if they work on a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week, have a term of employment that is expected to last at least six months, and have worked for the City for at least 90 days (if non-permanent).

Payroll and Checks

If you are not yet enrolled in direct deposit and your paycheck is lost or stolen, immediately notify your agency and request that a stop payment be put on your check.

Was this information helpful?