Special Events Permit Mailing Instructions
Please follow these five steps to request your special events permit by mail:
- Be prepared. You must know the name of the park you wish to use, the location of the park, and the date/time of your proposed event. If the date/time you request is not available, we will contact you.
Find a Park
- Download the application. Return to our Special Events Permits and Applications page, download the application PDF, and print it. Alternatively, you may call (888) NYPARKS to request an application via fax on demand.
- Complete the application. All information is required, unless otherwise stated.
- Submit the application. Borough permit office addresses are provided on the application. You may deliver by mail or in person. Please include $25.00 for processing and make checks or money orders payable to City of New York/Parks & Recreation. Please note that we are only able to accept checks from New York State at this time.
- Wait. Your application will be processed within 21 to 30 days. If there are problems with your application, a Parks employee will call you. Otherwise, you will receive your permit by mail.