Registration for the NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp program is now closed. Information about the 2014 NYC Parks Experience will be available in spring 2014.
The NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp program is an exciting chance for children to have a fun-filled summer! Your child will engage in sports, fitness, and outdoor adventure and take part in many of New York City’s rich cultural and educational opportunities. Campers will hike through local parks, learn to play sports, travel to museums, engage in environmental education and participate in a wide variety of structured activities.
The 2013 NYC Parks Experience will begin July 8, 2013 and will end August 23, 2013. Day camps operate weekdays only. Children must be between the ages of 6 to 13 by the start of the program on July 8, 2013.
The NYC Parks Experience is one of the most affordable summer day camp options available.
All camps offer Regular Day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; select camps offer an Extended Day option from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. See the list of camps below for more details.
- Regular Day Camp Rate (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Mondays – Fridays): $500 per child for 7 weeks
- Extended Day Camp Option Rate (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Mondays – Fridays): $575 per child for 7 weeks: This option is available for a limited number of slots at select camps in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan.
- Birth certificate and Full Application Form with a deposit of $100 are due by March 23, 2013.
- The second payment of $250 and a completed Health Form are due by April 13, 2013.
- The final payment of $150 ($225 for the Extended Day option at select sites) is due no later than May 11, 2013.
Payment is accepted via credit card (or debit card with a credit card logo), postal money order, or a certified bank check. Personal checks will not be accepted. We do not offer any financial assistance or sibling discounts.
Online Lottery Details
- You must have an active email address to participate in the lottery. You will receive an email to confirm your registration and to receive results of the lottery. Please check your spam folder for emails and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. If you do not have an email address or access to a computer, please visit our Computer Resource Centers for assistance.
- The online application asks for basic contact information about each participant (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth).
- Please carefully review your information before hitting the submit button on the online application. All entries will be considered final and correct after pressing submit. You will not be given a second chance to correct any information after you have submitted it for the lottery.
- Please enter your child at only one site during this lottery. If you enter your child at more than one location, then s/he may be disqualified from the lottery.
- At sites offering the Extended Day option, you can rank your choice for the Regular and Extended Day option for that camp. Preference will be given to your first choice when the lottery is drawn though we cannot guarantee that your first choice will be offered to you.
- We cannot guarantee that siblings will be chosen. This allows all children to have an equal chance in the lottery.
- When you click on the camp to register for the lottery, the number of slots that you will see listed is the total number of children allowed on that camp’s roster, including the campers currently registered and the number of available slots.
There are currently no programs available for registration at this time.