Swim with the Best: Join a Parks Swim Team
Fall 2014: October 14 – December 23, 2014
Winter/Spring 2015: January 3 – May 16, 2015
NYC Parks offers talented youths an opportunity to join a Parks swim team. Practice sessions are held at least three times a week and emphasize stroke technique, endurance and speed training, starts and turns, rules and sportsmanship.
How to Join
Team tryouts are held on an ongoing basis. Swimmers train for High Point Meets and the Borough Cup Championship. Youths between the ages of 6 and 18 who can swim 50 Yards freestyle in good form may try out for the team. All participants are required to submit a completed application and a copy of their birth certificate before trying out. To renew your membership or to try out for a team, please complete the online application. Due to limited slots, swimmers who participated in the 2013 - 2014 Indoor swim season will be given the opportunity to rejoin the team by completing their registration not later than September 24 on a first come first served basis. As of September 25 registration will be open to all applicants on a first come first served basis.
Online registration will open soon at additional locations.
All swimmers must be members of the recreation center. Membership is free for youths. To learn more about becoming a member, please visit our Recreation Center Membership page. Youths must also bring a copy of a birth certificate to the recreation center in order to try out.
All Parks Swim Team members must comply with the following requirements:
- All swim team participants must be members at an NYC Parks recreation center.
- All swim team participants must complete a team application (signed by a parent/guardian) and provide a copy of their birth certificate to verify their age
Parks Swim Team members must also comply with the following rules:
- Swim team members must participate in two out of three training sessions per week.
- They must participate in all High Point Swim Meets. They must participate in at least two High Point Swim Meets to qualify for participation in the Borough Cup Swimming Championship.
- They must arrive on time for training sessions.
- They must follow the instructions of the coach and team officials.
- They must purchase and wear an official Parks swim team suit for all competitions.
- They must comply with all facility/pool and competition rules and regulations, and observe safety guidelines at all times.
|Brownsville Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Metropolitan Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|St. John's Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|54 East Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Asser Levy Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Chelsea Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Gertrude Ederle Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Hansborough Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Tony Dapolito Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Flushing Meadows Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
|Roy Wilkins Pool Swim Team||09/16/2015 - 03/04/2016|
For more information about Parks’ swim programs,call Parks Citywide Aquatics at (718) 760-6969.For general information about Parks & Recreation,call 311 or (212) NEW-YORK from outside New YorkCity.