Registration for the NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp program will be open Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 16, 2014.
The NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp program is an exciting chance for children ages 6 to 13 to have a fun-filled summer! Your child will engage in sports, fitness, and outdoor adventure and take part in many of New York City’s rich cultural and educational opportunities.
Last year's camp activities included: arts and crafts, computer classes, cultural and educational trips, field games (kickball, soccer, wiffleball, relay races), outdoor activities with the Parks' Urban Park Rangers, such as bird watching, canoeing, fishing and hiking, and sports clinics.
Specific activities, dates, and trip destinations this year will depend upon the camp location.
Friday, March 7 – Sunday, March 16, 2014
This is not a first come, first served system. You may register at any time during the registration period for an equal chance in the lottery.
Monday, July 7 – Friday, August 22, 2014
|Hunts Point Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Owen Dolen Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|St. James Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|St. Mary's Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Williamsbridge Oval Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|McCarren Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Red Hook Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|St. John's Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Von King Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Al Smith Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Chelsea Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|East 54th Street Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Hansborough Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Tony Dapolito Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Cunningham Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Kissena Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Sorrentino Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
|Vic Hanson Summer Camp||03/07/2014 - 03/16/2014|
Applying for Summer Camp
Please read carefully for instructions about registering Friday, March 7 – Sunday, March 16, 2014.
- To apply for Summer Camp, start by registering for the lottery using the online application posted on this site. The number of camp registrants typically exceeds the number of camp slots, so all campers are chosen randomly through a lottery system. The lottery gives each application an equal chance of success; registering early does not enhance the odds. We cannot guarantee you will be chosen.
- Provide an active email address, and check it throughout the process. The online application requires an active email address and asks for basic contact information about each participant (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth). You will receive emails to confirm registration and, once the lottery is run, to let you know whether your child has been chosen or has been placed on the waitlist. Please check your spam folder for emails and add email@example.com to your contact list. If you do not have an email address or access to a computer, please visit our Computer Resource Centers for assistance.
- Register your child at only one camp site. A child entered at more than one location may be disqualified from the application process.
- Rank your choice for Regular and Extended Day if your camp site has that option. Not all camp sites have Extended Day and you do not have to apply for both sessions. If you do, preference will be given to your first choice. We cannot guarantee it will be offered to you.
- Carefully review all information before hitting the submit button on the online application. All entries will be considered final and correct after pressing submit. You will not be given a second chance to correct any information after it has been submitted for the lottery.
All camps offer Regular Day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; select camps offer an Extended Day option from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Regular Day Camp Rate (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday): $500 per child for 7 weeks
Extended Day Camp Rate (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday): $575 per child for 7 weeks (available at select sites)
This year, you may register more than one child for a site if you are a parent or guardian of these children. Entering siblings together will not improve their chances in the lottery, but it ensures that if one child is chosen, the other children will be selected with the next available slots. You may register up to four siblings at a time.
Submitting Payment and Paperwork for Summer Camp
Paying online is strongly encouraged, as it is the best way to secure your child’s spot in Summer Camp. You will get an email with a link to the secure payment process once your child is selected. Payment must be in full.
Paperwork due dates:
- Saturday, March 29, 2014: Copy of Birth Certificate(s) and completed Summer Camp Application Form
- Saturday, April 12, 2014: A completed Health Form (must be reviewed by a physician)
A payment plan is available if you cannot pay in full online. You must submit payments and paperwork in person by the below dates. Late submissions may result in loss of selection for Summer Camp.
Payment plan and paperwork due dates:
- Saturday, March 29, 2014: Deposit of $100, copy of Birth Certificate(s), and completed Summer Camp Application Form
- Saturday, April 12, 2014: Second payment of $250, a completed Health Form (must be reviewed by a physician)
- Saturday, April 26, 2014: Final payment of $150 ($225 for the Extended Day option at select sites)
Methods of payment: Payment via credit card (or debit card with a credit card logo), postal money order, or a certified bank check. Personal checks will not be accepted.
There are no refunds except in the case of a documented medical excuse preventing your child from participating in camp, or a documented requirement for your child to attend summer school. Refund requests must be submitted in person to your camp’s borough office by Tuesday, July 1, 2014.