Waitlist registration for select camp sites re-opens Friday, April 18 at 9:00 a.m. You can sign up for the waiting list at these sites and you will be notified if or when slots at these camp locations become available. Please register only if you are not already registered at a different summer camp location. Good luck!
The NYC Parks Experience Summer Day Camp program is an exciting chance for children ages 6 to 13 to have a fun-filled summer! Your child will engage in sports, fitness, and outdoor adventure and take part in many of New York City’s rich cultural and educational opportunities.
Last year's camp activities included: arts and crafts, computer classes, cultural and educational trips, field games (kickball, soccer, wiffleball, relay races), outdoor activities with the Parks' Urban Park Rangers, such as bird watching, canoeing, fishing and hiking, and sports clinics.
Specific activities, dates, and trip destinations this year will depend upon the camp location.
Monday, July 7 – Friday, August 22, 2014
There are currently no programs available for registration at this time.
Applying for Summer Camp
Please read carefully for instructions about registering.
- To apply for Summer Camp, start by registering using the online application posted on this site. Beginning Friday, April 18, all applicants who register for select sites will be placed on a waitlist. Applicants will be selected only when slots become empty.
- Provide an active email address, and check it throughout the process. The online application requires an active email address and asks for basic contact information about each participant (e.g., name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth). You will receive emails to confirm registration and to let you know whether your child has been chosen or has been placed on the waitlist. Please check your spam folder for emails and add email@example.com to your contact list. If you do not have an email address or access to a computer, please visit our Computer Resource Centers for assistance.
- Register your child at only one camp site. A child entered at more than one location may be disqualified from the application process.
- Rank your choice for Regular and Extended Day if your camp site has that option. Not all camp sites have Extended Day and you do not have to apply for both sessions. If you do, preference will be given to your first choice. We cannot guarantee it will be offered to you.
- Carefully review all information before hitting the submit button on the online application. All entries will be considered final and correct after pressing submit. You will not be given a second chance to correct any information after it has been submitted.
All camps offer Regular Day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; select camps offer an Extended Day option from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Regular Day Camp Rate (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday): $500 per child for 7 weeks
Extended Day Camp Rate (8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday): $575 per child for 7 weeks (available at select sites)
For waitlist registration opening Friday, April 18, you may register up to four children at a site. You must be the parent or guardian of these children. Each child requires a separate application. For example, if you have four children you must submit four applications.
Submitting Payment and Paperwork for Summer Camp
Paying online is strongly encouraged, the easiest way to secure your child’s spot in Summer Camp. You will get an email with a link to the secure payment process once your child is selected. Payment must be in full.
Payment In Person
Payment in person is available if you cannot pay in full online. You must submit payments and paperwork in person by the below dates. Late submissions may result in loss of selection for Summer Camp.
Methods of payment: Payment via credit card (or debit card with a credit card logo), postal money order, or a certified bank check. Personal checks will not be accepted.
There are no refunds except in the case of a documented medical excuse preventing your child from participating in camp, or a documented requirement for your child to attend summer school. Refund requests must be submitted in person to your camp’s borough office by Tuesday, July 1, 2014.