Applying In Person
During the tennis season, you can do the following in person at the permit office locations below:
- Renew your full–season permit
- Purchase a new full–season permit
- Purchase single–play tennis tickets
- Buy reservation tickets (accepted at the Central Park & Prospect Park courts only)
- Rent a recreation locker (in Central Park courts at 93rd Street only)
In-person applicants receive their permits shortly after their applications are reviewed and/or photos are taken.
Bring the following materials:
- Credit card, check, or money order for appropriate dollar amount
- Proof of age
- Photo ID
- You may print and complete our tennis purchase form [PDF] in advance if desired.
- Please note that you DO NOT need to bring a passport-sized photo for in-person permit purchases, as we will take a digital photo of you at the permit office.
(Note: We can only accept checks from New York State at this time.)
Method of Payment
- Personal checks must be drawn on a NY State bank and must have the account name imprinted on it.
- If being presented in person, two pieces of identification, such as a driver's license and a major credit card, are required.
- Money Orders are accepted as cash but must be the exact amount of the permit purchase, as no change will be returned.
- Traveler's Checks are accepted as cash and change may be returned; however permit purchase must be greater than 50% of the face value of the check.
- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are the only credit cards accepted
Borough Tennis Permit Offices
Bronx Permit Office
Queens Permit Office
Brooklyn Permit Office
Staten Island Permit Office
Manhattan Permit Office
Paragon Sporting Goods
Call (212) 360-8131 for more information.