Guidelines For Film and Photography Shoots
Please fill out NYC Parks’s Film Shoot Request Form. Once the form is submitted, the appropriate park administrator will review production details. Please allow one week for a response. In addition to the Parks permit, a permit through the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre & Broadcasting (MOFTB) may be required. For more information regarding the MOFTB film permit, please visit their website at www.nyc.gov/film or call (212) 489-6710.
Location requests within some specific parks are handled directly through those park's respective Conservancy groups and require their own separate application processes. If the Park you would like to film in is listed below, please visit its website for further instructions.
If you are applying for any other NYC Park, you can fill out the online Film Shoot Request Form.
Borough Office Numbers
- Bronx: (718) 430-1848/ 1849
- Brooklyn: (718) 965-8912
- Manhattan: (212) 408-0212
- Queens: (718) 393-7272
- Staten Island: (718) 390-8030
Park Rules and Regulations Pertaining to Film and Photography Shoots
- No vehicles will be permitted to park within a park’s perimeter unless previously approved.
- Filming will not be permitted where it would compromise the privacy of park patrons (ex: comfort stations and locker rooms).
- Any extensive set-up on park lawns must be cleared in advance. Please note that regulations concerning extensive set-up vary by park.
- Requests to tie, drape, or attach rope, props, or equipment to trees, shrubs, fences, or benches will be declined, as will requests to tie or attach anything to any architectural features, statues, sculptures, or fountains. Cutting, tying back, or altering shrubs, plantings, or trees in any way is illegal and will not be permitted.
- If set-up requires cable or live wires, any cable that crosses a pedestrian path must be covered and all appropriate safety measures taken.
- No directional signs for filming locations of any kind may be posted or staked into the ground.
- All materials brought in by permitees, including trash, must be removed from the park. Summonses will be issued for any trash left behind and any damage to park property. All areas should be left in the condition in which they were found.
For News Media
All requests for media coverage in New York City’s parks or recreational facilities must first be cleared with the NYC Parks Press Office at (212) 360-1311. All news media must be appropriately credentialed. If you wish to obtain stock footage of Parks events or programming or digital images of any park property, please contact the Press Office at (212) 360-1311.