White Plains Rd. bet. E. 212 St. and Magenta St.
Directions via Google Maps
The name of this site comes from a bridge across the Bronx River that was named for John Williams. In the 18th century, Williams had a farm on the east bank of the Bronx River in the vicinity of Gun Hill Road and White Plains Road. Some credit him with building the first Bronx River crossing. Though the story remains unproven, his farm was closest to the earliest span, and by the 19th century the bridge and surrounding community became known as Williamsbridge. The neighborhood has also been called Norwood, after an 1889 real estate development.
Directions to Williamsbridge Square
Williamsbridge Square Weather