Van Cortlandt Ave. East, Resevoir Oval E
Directions via Google Maps
This playground is located in the northwest quadrant of a 19.7-acre recreational facility built on the former site of a reservoir. On May 1, 1887 the City of New York acquired the property northeast of Bainbridge Avenue and East 207th Street, and two years later opened the Williamsbridge Reservoir. Measuring 925 feet long by 525 feet wide, and with a 46 foot high embankment, the oval receiving reservoir had a capacity of 120 million gallons of water. It was linked to the upstate reservoir at Kensico by a 48-inch diameter cast-iron pipeline extending 15.2 miles.
Mistaken identity leads to delightful mayhem in the Bard’s classic play about two sets of twins separated...
Directions to Williamsbridge Oval
Know Before You Go
Williamsbridge Oval Recreation Center
On Columbus Day, Monday, October 12, this Recreation Center is open from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Completion: 10/12/2015
- Renovated Williamsbridge Oval Recreation Center Reopens
- Parks Cuts The Ribbon On New Playgrounds And Basketball Courts At Williamsbridge Oval Park
- Tomorrow's Leaders Bloom in Bronx Afterschool Council
- Bronx and Manhattan Recreation and Nature Center HVAC Repair
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-112M)
- Bronx General Site Work (XG-508M)
- Williamsbridge Oval Park Building Reconstruction
- Williamsbridge Oval Park Skate Park Reconstruction