Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center
W. 59 St., W. 60 St., bet. Amsterdam Ave. and W. End Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
The Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center, formerly known as Recreation Center 59, has been a vital community resource since the early 20th century. First purchased by the City in 1906 for use as a playground, the park parcel spanned mid-block lots from West 59th to West 60th Streets. Soon thereafter, the 60th Street Bathhouse opened on site. By 1942, the park had expanded to its present size.
Goalball is a Paralympic sport for athletes with visual impairments. It is played by two teams of three using a ball...
Directions to Gertrude Ederle Recreation Center
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Manhattan General Site Work (MG-314M)