Travers Park, founded in 1948 and named in honor of Jackson Heights community leader Thomas J. Travers, was most recently renovated in 2010 and features a leaf-and-vine shaped spray shower, benches and plantings, and a bicycle rack for the Jackson Heights community to use. The Travers Park playground is fully-ADA compliant and is appropriate for children aged 5 to 10 years old, and there are also basketball courts, game tables and picnic areas, and areas for handball, tennis, and roller hockey. With its amenities, Travers Park brings the Jackson Heights community together through play equipment, athletic facilities, and attractive and well-designed plantings and horticulture.
Discover the history of Travers Park
This It's My Park season, volunteer with the Friends of the Travers Park to help clean, paint, prune shrubs, mulch...
Directions to Travers Park
- Jackson Heights Garden School Field Renamed In Memory Of Rory Staunton
- NYC Parks Acquires New Parkland In Queens
- Mulch Ado at NYC Parks around the City
- Queens General Site Work (QG-112M)
- Travers Park and Staunton Field Play Field Reconstruction
- Travers Park Playground Reconstruction