Edgewater Village Hall Plaque
Click image for larger view
- Description: Bronze plaque on Edgewater Village Hall building
- Materials: Bronze
- Inscription: DESIGNATED LANDMARK NEW YORK CITY / --- / EDGEWATER VILLAGE HALL / --- / THIS STRUCTURE WAS BUILT IN 1889 AS A MUNICIPAL AND CITY / MAGISTRATE'S COURTHOUSE. ORIGINALLY SERVING THE VILLAGE / OF EDGEWATER, THIS ROMANESQUE REVIVAL HALL IS A SUPERB / EXAMPLE OF VICTORIAN ARCHITECTURE THAT HAS ADMIRABLY / FULFILLED THE CIVIC NEEDS OF THE COMMUNITY. / --- / NEW YORK LANDMARKS PRESERVATION FOUNDATION / 1983 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365