Eleventh Milestone Marker
Click image for larger view
- Location: Jumel Terrace, between W. 160 and 162nd Streets
- Description: Marker on base, plaque
- Materials: Brownstone, Westerly granite, brass
- Dimensions: H: 4'2" W: 1'1" D: 5"
- Cast: ca. 1912
- Dedicated: 1912
- Donor: The City History Club
- Inscription: Plaque:
11 MILES FROM / N. YORK / ON THE KINGSBRIDGE RD / IN 1769 AT 170TH STREET / IN 1819 AT 189TH STREET / THE CITY HISTORY CLUB / 1912 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 304-2365