Back to Monuments List
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: Ann Evans; Mary Nell Hawke
- Description: Three-wall mosaic with plaque on west wall
- Materials: 145,000 Italian glass and ceramic tiles set into concrete
- Dimensions: First wall 3'4" x 3'; Second wall 1'8" x 3'; third wall 1'8" x 2'2"
- Cast: ca. 1981
- Dedicated: October 22, 1981
- Fabricator: Cityarts Workshop Mosaic Designs
- Donor: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Inscription: Plaque on the west wall:
MOSAIC DESIGNS BY ANN EVANS 1981 / PRODUCED BY CITYARTS WORKSHOP INC. / WITH A GRANT FROM THE NEW YORK CITY / DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS COMMUNITY / ARTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM AND THE / OFFICE OF NEIGHBORHOOD ECONOMIC / DEVELOPMENT, O.E.D. FUNDED BY / THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY / DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM. / MOSAICS PRESENTED IN COOPERATION WITH THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF PARKS/ AND RECREATION AND THE CHAMBER OF / COMMERCE OF THE ROCKAWAYS.
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143