Ocean Promenade, Atlantic Ocean, Bch 110
Directions via Google Maps
- Sculptor: Ann Evans; Mary Nell Hawke
- Description: Three-wall mosaic with plaque on west wall
- Materials: 145,000 Italian glass and ceramic tiles set into concrete
- Dimensions: First wall 3'4" x 3'; Second wall 1'8" x 3'; third wall 1'8" x 2'2"
- Cast: ca. 1981
- Dedicated: October 22, 1981
- Fabricator: Cityarts Workshop Mosaic Designs
- Donor: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Inscription: Plaque on the west wall:
MOSAIC DESIGNS BY ANN EVANS 1981 / PRODUCED BY CITYARTS WORKSHOP INC. / WITH A GRANT FROM THE NEW YORK CITY / DEPARTMENT OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS COMMUNITY / ARTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM AND THE / OFFICE OF NEIGHBORHOOD ECONOMIC / DEVELOPMENT, O.E.D. FUNDED BY / THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY / DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM. / MOSAICS PRESENTED IN COOPERATION WITH THE NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF PARKS/ AND RECREATION AND THE CHAMBER OF / COMMERCE OF THE ROCKAWAYS.
Directions to Rockaway Beach
Know Before You Go
All NYC beaches will be open for swimming on Saturday, May 25. Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, and the major rebuilding effort at our beaches, there may be multiple service changes at each beach. Visit our Beach Restoration page for more information on what to expect this summer.
- Back In The Swing Of Things
- Which Way to the Beach?
- Parks Kicks Off Summer Beach Season in New York City