Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Second Annual Earth Day Rockaway Plants Knowledge And FunIMMEDIATE
Saturday, May 3, 2008
SECOND ANNUAL EARTH DAY ROCKAWAY PLANTS KNOWLEDGE AND FUN
Parks & Recreation and the Rockaway Waterfront Alliance hosted the second annual Earth Day Rockaway 2008, an event to raise awareness about what people can do to help protect the environment.
"If knowledge is a seed, Earth Day Rockaway is the water that helps the tree of green knowledge grow," said Commissioner Benepe. "As 'New York's Greenest,' Parks employees teach others about environmental awareness in a way that's fun and easy to understand. The partnership with the Rockaway Waterfront Alliance has helped us put on this exciting and educational family event for the second year and their support is essential."
Free activities included face-painting, kite-building and a chance to build a solar race car! Attendees checked out the American Museum of Natural History's mobile museum, Lego league robots, inflatable sculptures and performances by the Green Circus. WKTU provided music for all participants.
- 30 -
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Movie Nights in Rockaway: Finding Nemo
- Rockaway Beach Movie Nights: 'Grand Budapest Hotel'
- Yoga on the Beach
- 5th Annual Honey Festival
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts