Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Saturday, August 16, 2014
8:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.
The wonders of the universe are ready to be discovered and New York City Parks are the perfect place to stargaze and explore the night sky. Our Urban Park Rangers will be your guides to the solar system.
Astronomy programs feature the use of telescopes and binoculars to observe specific astronomical events. Programs are best enjoyed on clear nights, so please call ahead if weather conditions are not clear.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Yoga on the Beach
- Plover Day
- Shape Up NYC: Zumba Fitness with Maxie
- Movie Nights in the Rockaways: The Iron Giant
- Summer Movie Night: The Iron Giant
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts