Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
New York City’s Threatened and Endangered Shore Birds
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. Our Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City.
Our Exploration series focuses on unique wildlife viewing opportunities during particular seasons.
Space is limited. To register, visit www.nyc.gov/parks/rangers/register on Wednesday, August 7.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Citywide Beach Attendance Grows By More Than 22%
- Yoga on the Beach
- Plover Day
- Shape Up NYC: Zumba Fitness with Maxie
- Movie Nights in the Rockaways: The Iron Giant
- Summer Movie Night: The Iron Giant
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts