Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
New York City’s Threatened and Endangered Shore Birds
Saturday, August 17, 2013
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
New York City is home to an amazing abundance of wildlife. From falcons and salamanders, to deer and seals, wildlife viewing opportunities exist year-round in all of our parks and beaches. Wildlife viewing is a perfect activity for any age. Today wildlife viewing is recognized as one of the nation’s fastest growing activities. Our Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in New York City.
Our Exploration series focuses on unique wildlife viewing opportunities during particular seasons.
Space is limited. To register, visit www.nyc.gov/parks/rangers/register on Wednesday, August 7.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Yoga on the Beach
- Beach Sessions: The D.R.E.A.M. Ring
- Baywatch Dance Fusion
- Shape Up NYC: Zumba Fitness with Maxie
- Movies Nights in the Rockaways: Back to the Future 2
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts