Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
VW Dome 2: 7th Annual Earth Day Rockaway
Saturday, May 4, 2013
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Rockaway Waterfront Alliance and the NYC Parks Department for a day of fun at the VW Dome 2 and by the Rockaway beach with free activities and programs for families and kids of all ages. This year's event will include: Live music by Il Collectivo, recycling olympics, mock dolphin rescue from the Riverhead Foundation, kite-making, composting, face painting, raptor demonstration, firehouse safety obstacle course, surf fishing, soil remediation workshops, free DOT bike helmet giveaways and art and crafts activities to learn how to better appreciate and conserve the earth's resources.
All activities are free and intended to raise awareness of the natural resources along the Rockaway shoreline.
The VW Dome 2 is a temporary installation located at Shore Front Parkway between B. 94th and B. 95th Streets.
MoMA PS1, Rockaway Waterfront Alliance, NYC Parks
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Movie Nights in Rockaway: Finding Nemo
- Rockaway Beach Movie Nights: 'Grand Budapest Hotel'
- Yoga on the Beach
- 5th Annual Honey Festival
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts