Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Composting and Plant Debris Removal
Saturday, May 4, 2013
9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
This event repeats every day between 5/4/2013 and 5/5/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Improving the neighborhoods of Rockaway and Broad Channel after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy includes the removal of dead shrubs and trees and subsequent re-landscaping. This weekend, NYC Parks will assist in this effort with a debris collection and compost distribution initiative.
We are conducting a wood debris collection effort, during which you can bring your tree debris, branches and shrubs to two locations for chipping. At these sites, compost (which provides beneficial organic matter when incorporated into soil) can be obtained at no cost. Please bring bags and shovels for the compost.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- New Section Of Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens To The Public Ahead Of Schedule
- Extended Swimming Season Begins At Nyc's Most Popular Beaches
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- It's My Park at Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
- Sports and Fitness Day
- Family Fun Day
- 10th Annual RockStock and Barrels
- Yoga on the Beach
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts