Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Hack the Rock: Rockaway Civic Hack Day
Sunday, April 28, 2013
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Rockaway Help will be hosting a community workshop at the MoMA VW Dome to brainstorm around what web based tools and apps they wished existed for emergency preparedness and response. This will be a hands-on session where participants will be sketching, talking and thinking through design and coastal living problems and work to see if we can collaboratively come up with concrete solutions through technology.
We need community leaders to help us figure out what kinds of problems we had before and after Sandy - problems that we can solve using technology. Once we identify the problems, our hacking teams will work with community members to build the solutions.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- NYC Parks Deploys AT&T Street Charge Units At The Beach
- NYC Parks Breaks Ground On Renovations To Rockaway Beach Roller Hockey Rink
- Movie Nights in Rockaway: Finding Nemo
- Rockaway Beach Movie Nights: 'Grand Budapest Hotel'
- Yoga on the Beach
- 5th Annual Honey Festival
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts