Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Hack the Rock: Rockaway Civic Hack Day
Sunday, April 28, 2013
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Rockaway Help will be hosting a community workshop at the MoMA VW Dome to brainstorm around what web based tools and apps they wished existed for emergency preparedness and response. This will be a hands-on session where participants will be sketching, talking and thinking through design and coastal living problems and work to see if we can collaboratively come up with concrete solutions through technology.
We need community leaders to help us figure out what kinds of problems we had before and after Sandy - problems that we can solve using technology. Once we identify the problems, our hacking teams will work with community members to build the solutions.
Directions to Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk Weather
- New Section Of Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens To The Public Ahead Of Schedule
- Extended Swimming Season Begins At Nyc's Most Popular Beaches
- Second Section Of New, Resilient Rockaway Boardwalk Opens For The July Fourth Holiday Weekend
- It's My Park at Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
- Sports and Fitness Day
- Family Fun Day
- 10th Annual RockStock and Barrels
- Yoga on the Beach
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Volleyball Courts