- Location: West 93rd Street
- Description: Tablet
- Materials: Original plaque--bronze; Original plinth--concrete; replacement tablet--granite
- Dimensions: Original plaque H: 10" W: 1'2"
- Cast: ca. 1950
- Dedicated: ca. 1950
- Donor: Marine Corps Fathers' Association of New York
- Inscription: 1) original plaque: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR / MARINE HEROES / MARINE CORPS / FATHERS ASSOCIATION / OF NEW YORK"
2) replacement tablet: "IN MEMORY OF / OUR MARINE HEROES /---/ MARINE CORPS FATHERS' ASS'N. / OF NEW YORK"
Directions to Riverside Park
Know Before You Go
The northernmost A-dock at the 79th Street Boat Basin is currently closed to public access for structural enhancements. The dock will be further supported with non-wood pilings and a new wave screen.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2016
Riverside Park Weather
- NYC Parks Celebrates Joan Of Arc Statue Centennial—First Ever Statue Of A Woman Erected In An NYC Park
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Outdoor Café At The 79Th Street Rotunda In Riverside Park
- NYC Parks Continues Sandy Recovery And Breaks Ground On Reconstruction Of Historic 79Th Street Boat Basin A-dock
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Handball Courts
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Roller Hockey
- Running Tracks
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in