Back to Monuments List
Queens Village, Bellerose Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: Jamaica Avenue and Springfield Blvd.
- Description: Stele, brick walls, coping
- Materials: Barre granite, brick
- Dimensions: H: 104" W: 6'6" D: 1'6"; 7"step
- Dedicated: September 11, 1949
- Donor: Citizens of Queens Village-Bellerose
- Inscription: North side:
1941 --- 1945 / ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF QUEENS VILLAGE-BELLEROSE / IN HONOR AND MEMORY / TO THOSE WHO SERVED / IN WORLD WAR II /
THESE MEN DIED TO KEEP YOU LIVING WITHOUT FEAR / [162 names] / KOREA / 1950 - 1955 / [3 names] / VIETNAM / 1961 - 1975 / [19 names] /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143