Ice Skating Rinks
The ice skating rinks listed below offer a safe way to celebrate the cold weather. Please call rinks before your visit to confirm hours, as outdoor skating rink schedules can change due to weather conditions.
In addition to these ice skating rinks, as soon as the ice is strong enough, Parks & Recreation will designate safe-skating areas in large spray shower basins and other shallow water spots throughout the five boroughs. Signs will be clearly posted to show that these areas are safe for winter sports.
Important Ice Safety Guidelines
- Never go on frozen waters (unless clearly marked otherwise with official signs).
- Parents and caregivers should make sure children are never unattended near ice.
- If you hear cracking, lie down immediately to try to distribute your weight.
- If you witness someone falling through ice, never attempt to make a rescue by yourself. Call 911 and notify the proper authorities. Be sure to give the exact location and an account of the incident.
|LeFrak Center at Lakeside||Near Parkside & Ocean Avenue entrance||(212) 661-6640||More Information|
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
The Long Meadow Ballfields will be closed at Prospect Park for construction. The reconstruction of the Long Meadow Ballfields is a multi-phase project encompassing 34 acres of fields, paths and woodlands. The project incorporates contemporary storm water management techniques that support our goal of capturing and retaining storm water runoff. These improvements will also help to filter runoff before it enters our watercourse. Designed to revitalize the park’s sporting community, the first phase will restore Field One, pedestrian and bridle paths, drinking fountains, benches, and include new tree plantings.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2014
Prospect Park Weather
- Zucker Natural Exploration Area Opens In Prospect Park
- The Great Googamooga To Come To Prospect Park
- Statement From Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe On The Cancellation Of Winter Jam 2012
- Shape Up NYC: Cardio, Toning, and Stretching
- Blooming Naturalist
- Nature on the Go!
- Animal Encounter
- Shape Up NYC: Pilates
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in