• Barbecuing is allowed in designated areas ONLY.
• No barbecuing permitted under trees.
• All coals & litter must be disposed in trash receptacles.
|Prospect Park||Both sides of Bandshell|
|Prospect Park||North area of Long Meadow|
|Prospect Park||Area near Prospect Park South West and 10th Avenue|
|Prospect Park||Area near Vanderbuilt Street and Prospect Park South West|
|Prospect Park||Area north of Picnic House|
|Prospect Park||Grecian Shelter area|
|Prospect Park||Area south of Wollman Rink|
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
The Long Meadow Ballfields will be closed at Prospect Park for construction. The reconstruction of the Long Meadow Ballfields is a multi-phase project encompassing 34 acres of fields, paths and woodlands. The project incorporates contemporary storm water management techniques that support our goal of capturing and retaining storm water runoff. These improvements will also help to filter runoff before it enters our watercourse. Designed to revitalize the park’s sporting community, the first phase will restore Field One, pedestrian and bridle paths, drinking fountains, benches, and include new tree plantings.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2014
Prospect Park Weather
- Zucker Natural Exploration Area Opens In Prospect Park
- The Great Googamooga To Come To Prospect Park
- Statement From Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe On The Cancellation Of Winter Jam 2012
- Shape Up NYC: Cardio, Toning, and Stretching
- Blooming Naturalist
- Nature on the Go!
- Animal Encounter
- Shape Up NYC: Pilates
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in