- Location: South of Flower Garden
- Sculptor: Augustus Lukeman
- Architect: Arthur D. Pickering
- Description: Group of two figures on pedestal before a high, arced wall; two benches; altar; six large plaques; one small plaque; paving
- Materials: Group and plaques--bronze; Pedestal and wall--Milford pink granite
- Dimensions: Wall H: 18' W: 35'
- Cast: 1921
- Dedicated: June 26, 1921
- Donor: William H. Todd
- Inscription: 1) above bench, left: "MEN AND WOMEN OF BROOKLYN WHO DIED / IN THE WORLD WAR / MCMXIV - MCMXVIII"
2) above bench, right: "[...] FOR LIBERTY / [...] PEACE / [...] COUNTRY"
3) six large plaques: 2,800 names
4) small plaque, rear: "PRESENTED BY / WILLIAM H. TODD / AND ACCEPTED FOR THE / CITY OF NEW YORK BY / MAYOR / JOHN F. HYLAN / AND / JOHN N. HARMAN / COMMISSIONER OF PARKS / A.D. MCMXX1"
Directions to Prospect Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
The Long Meadow Ballfields will be closed at Prospect Park for construction. The reconstruction of the Long Meadow Ballfields is a multi-phase project encompassing 34 acres of fields, paths and woodlands. The project incorporates contemporary storm water management techniques that support our goal of capturing and retaining storm water runoff. These improvements will also help to filter runoff before it enters our watercourse. Designed to revitalize the park’s sporting community, the first phase will restore Field One, pedestrian and bridle paths, drinking fountains, benches, and include new tree plantings.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2014
The Prospect Park Well House is under reconstruction in order to build a new composting latrine. The park remains open while the building gets reconstructed.
Anticipated Completion: Winter 2015
Prospect Park Weather
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Hiking Trails
- Historic Houses
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Nature Centers
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums
Know when to go:
View upcoming athletic area usage in