Knit & Crochet Beginner's Group
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
All participants will learn how to purchase yarn, needles & hooks, read directions and make a 4"x4" square to measure tension to be able to finish a pot holder or scarf. Knitters will learn how to cast on and how to knit or purl. Crocheters will learn to chain, single crochet, and double crochet.
Participants should bring a 7oz skein of light colored worsted weight yarn. No multi-colored, nor dark colored yarns. Knitters should purchase #8 needles, crocheters should purchase an "H" hook.
Directions to Poe Park
Poe Park Weather
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Swamp Art Exhibition On View At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Beginners Tunisian Crochet
- Abs Workout
- Meditation Class
- Knitting & Crocheting for Intermediate and Advanced Levels
- Shape Up NYC: Boot Camp