Knit & Crochet Beginner's Group
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Tuesday between 5/14/2013 and 12/31/2013.
All participants will learn how to purchase yarn, needles & hooks, read directions and make a 4"x4" square to measure tension to be able to finish a pot holder or scarf. Knitters will learn how to cast on and how to knit or purl. Crocheters will learn to chain, single crochet, and double crochet.
Participants should bring a 7oz skein of light colored worsted weight yarn. No multi-colored, nor dark colored yarns. Knitters should purchase #8 needles, crocheters should purchase an "H" hook.
Directions to Poe Park
Poe Park Weather
- January Events At Poe Park
- Greener Pastures: Celebrating 125 Years Of Bronx Parks
- Comic Book Art Exhibition On Display At Poe Park Visitor Center
- Tai Chi for Beginners
- Master Story Tellers Exhibition (Extended)
- Abs Workout
- Meditation and Hatha Yoga
- Le Petit Zen Art